Varsity is teaming up again this summer with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® to support its lifesaving mission of finding cures for children fighting cancer and other deadly diseases. We want to help St. Jude kids beat pediatric cancer, and we need your team to help make it happen. We’re asking each team member to help spread the word about this great cause by sending five letters to friends and family and asking them to make a donation – that’s it. This year our goal is to raise $1.7 million, the cost to operate St. Jude for a day. With your help we can do it!
- Download the Friend Finder form to gather names and addresses of your family members and friends.
- Bring your five addresses with you to camp.
- At camp, you will receive blank St. Jude fundraising letters for you to fill out with the names and addresses of your friends and family members.
- Campers and coaches who fill out and turn in at least five letters will be awarded a special Team Up for St. Jude pin – and will know they are making a difference to children fighting cancer!
- The top teams that raise the most money for St. Jude will be awarded an all expenses paid trip to Memphis!
- New stories on the Team Up for St. Jude program will be posted weekly on Varsity.com. Keep checking back to learn more!
St. Jude is a place like no other. Here’s why you should join them in making a difference:
•St. Jude is one of the world’s premier centers for research and treatment of pediatric cancer.
•St. Jude treats children from across the U.S. and from all around the world.
• All research discoveries made at St. Jude are freely shared with the global medical community.
•No child is ever turned away because of a family’s inability to pay, and families without insurance never receive a bill for treatment.
• It costs more than $1.7 million per day to operate St. Jude, and that comes primarily from donations and the support of groups like yours- the Varsity Spirit Groups.