This year, Varsity teamed up with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® to support its life saving mission of finding cures for children fighting cancer and other catastrophic illnesses. Varsity asked every cheerleader and dancer attending a Varsity camp to send five letters to friends and family, asking them to make a donation.
Congratulations to the top 10 teams who raised the most money! These teams were awarded an all expenses paid trip to Memphis, TN for four members of their squad/team. The trip included a visit to Target House where the teams decorated megaphones with the St. Jude families, and performed a cheer and band dance to add extra cheer to the day! On Monday, the teams were honored at a luncheon at St. Jude, and had the opportunity to tour the hospital and meet St. Jude families. Thanks to all the cheerleaders and dancers who participated in the program, because of you Varsity raised half a million dollars for St. Jude this summer.
Top 10 Teams!
|Neville High School||Monroe, LA||$2,515|
|Mount Carmel Academy||New Orleans, LA||$2,370|
|University School of Jackson||Jackson, TN||$2,116|
|Oak Ridge High School||Conroe, TX||$2,020|
|St. Benedict High School||Cordova, TN||$1,940|
|Bald Knob High School||Bald Knob, AR||$1,806|
|Benton High School||Benton, AR||$1,625|
|Notre Dame Preparatory High School||Scottsdale, AZ||$1,605|
|Washington High School||Freemont, CA||$1,495|
|Cleveland High School||Cleveland, MS||$1,390|
Varsity is teaming up again this summer with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® to support its lifesaving mission of finding cures for children fighting cancer and other deadly diseases. We want to help St. Jude kids beat pediatric cancer, and we need your team to help make it happen. We’re asking each team member to help spread the word about this great cause by sending five letters to friends and family and asking them to make a donation – that’s it.
- Look for details about the Team Up for St. Jude program in your Varsity Brands summer camp registration tracker.
- Use the Friend Finder form to gather names and addresses of your family members and friends.
- Bring the completed form with you to camp.
- At camp, you will receive blank St. Jude fundraising letters for you to fill out with the names and addresses of your friends and family members.
- Campers and coaches who fill out and turn in at least five letters will be awarded a special Team