Calling all college cheerleading and dance team fans, friends and family! If you can’t make it to the 2012 College Cheerleading and Dance Team National Championship this weekend, you can still catch some of the action LIVE on Varsity.com for only $7.99! We will have coverage of full routines in Division 1A Finals, featuring Cheer, Pom, Hip Hop, Jazz, and the Awards Ceremony. The show starts at 1:30pm EST on Sunday, January 15. Log on early so you don’t miss any of the action!
Here’s how to get started:
- Log onto Varsity.com from any computer on Sunday, January 15. Starting at 12:00 PM/EST, you will be able to register for the live stream. * You can also register at any time during the coverage.
- Click on the “LIVE Stream” image on the home page.
- You will be prompted to pay $7.99 for the live stream show. Simply pay with a credit card or with your Pay Pal account (If you don’t have a Pay Pal account, you can set up an account at that time).* If you have trouble clicking on the payment link, check to make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled. You can also hold the “ctrl” key and click on the link.
- The live stream will begin, and some of the best college cheer and dance teams’ performances will be streaming live on your computer.
- Grab a bucket of popcorn, snacks, and jumbo foam finger – then sit back and enjoy the show!
Schedule of Events:
Coverage will start live at 1:30 PM/EST.
- A Pom Finals
- 1A Hip Hop Finals
- 1A Jazz Finals
- 1A Cheer Finals
- 1A Cheer and Dance Awards
Tips to avoid technical difficulties:
- Turn off pop-up blockers, we will not surprise you with any pop-ups while you’re viewing the show!
- Once your feed is up and live, keep the browser window open. If you need to take a break, minimize the window. And if you need to Tweet or Facebook about the show, just open a new window to either of UCA’s social media sites or use your smart phone.
- If you happen to close the window, you can log back in easily. Just click on the link again and you should be taken to the live stream.
- If you are prompted to re-enter your credit card or Pay Pal information, you will NOT be charged twice. Enter your information, you will receive a message saying you have already paid to the show, and the show will begin.
- You can only view the event from a home computer, so for those on the go, mobile phones and tablets will not play the feed for you.
For your information:
- One you complete your transaction you will receive a confirmation email with a transaction ID and an order number. Please use this for reference if you have any technically difficulties.
- Varsity TV is broadcasted through Ooyala,Inc. Please contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or issues you are having while viewing. Don’t forget to let them know that you are trying to get help specifically on Varsity.com.
- Please confirm that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer:
Click here to check which version you have (http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_15507)
Click here to get the latest version(http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer)
- Suggested Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 with all available updates
- Suggested Browsers: Internet Explorer (version 7 and 8), Mozilla Firefox (version3.6 or higher), Chrome version 5.
*Video on-demand competition routines for Division 1A finals will be available 48 hours following the event.